Friday, September 7, 2007

Gears of War: Thoughts on the Movie

Super duper mega spoilers if you clickie on the link below to read some of the leaked "Gears of War" script on the intrenetz:

This One

Now, I don't normally like to read long articles (because I'm stupid), but I did that one and some others because some douche bag on another forum I sometimes visit said that Bruce Willis was *CONFIRMED* to play the title role. After a little research, I found this "confirmation" to be based on IGN's Wish List of directors/movie studios/actors. (Keyword: Wish List.)

Anyhoo, it's not that I don't like Bruce Willis. I've liked him since his skeevy "Moonlighting" days (but not so much his "Respect" days) after all. I just don't think he would be that good a fit for the Marcus Fenix part nowadays, especially since he was beginning to show his age a bit in "Live Free or Die Hard." Marcus Fenix needs a younger actor to play him, more like Clive Owen, Jason "Action Man" Statham or even the not so much shouting (aka, "passionate") Gerald Butler. Karl Urban to me is sexaaaaaaaah but maybe too skinny (he wouldn't be so bad as Snake though--not the Plissken one which Butler will be playing in the remake of "Escape From New York"). Too bad Kurt Russell's too old now too 'cos there's another good one.

Anyhoo, I think I went way rambling off topic there. As long as they don't cast the guy who played Jar Jar Binks as Cole, I'm sure it'll just be as wonderful as any other movie based on a video game...*snicker* (With the exception of Mortal Kombat 1 which was pretty good.)

And maybe Lt. Kim could be Jason Scott Lee. (I love that movie "Soldier.")

p.s. Many of you only know Gerald Butler as Leonidus, the shouting Spartan, but he was in mega chick flick before...and even moar...a musical!! (Apparently, he trained for the stage before flashing hot, firm man boobies.)



THIS IS PHANTOM OF THE OPERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

No comments: