Saturday, September 29, 2007

Perfect World: First Impressions

Wow.

I'm actually impressed. I mean, come on, given the quality of F2P games out there I was actually quite pleasant surprised with PW so far. Well, other than the forced ass C-POP piped in telling me to "step into a perfect world; a place where you'll be fleeeee."

I actually got stuck in character creation (like most girls I suspect) for half an hour--I mean, even Oblivion didn't allow you to fix just "one" eye. Yeah yeah, for the most part, people don't look that different once you're on screen, and you can't make yourself fat, but at least you know you had a huge hand at making your avatar the fiercest and most gorgeous you could.

My stupid ass character:



Questing so far is pretty straight forward. Kill X many things. Collect X many things by killing X many things. Talk to Y to collect X. Combat also is 1, 2, 1, 2, with "Asian" style attacks. But I gotta admit, jumping 50 feet into the air is pretty awesome. I haven't gotten around to flying yet, but I did see someone who was and it looked pretty neat.

Oh, and this one has random mobs that blow up into a gazillion lootz! HURRAY!

No comments: