Friday, November 16, 2007

Call of Duty 4: A Few Thoughts (and rants)

So if you haven't noticed checking my XFire, this is all I've been playing of late. Why? 1, I like FPSes. 2, it's shiny and new. 3, it's fun for the majority of the time (although, I think the Single Player Campaign is much better than the actual Multi Player version.)

Anyhoo, it's certainly not perfect. There are a lot of..."HUH!?" moments regarding hit detection I think, where in the Kill Cam I'll get shot once in the foot but it counts as a head shot. *sad* And of course, there will be the faggot ass dolphin diving chumps (I won't say anything about hopping assholes since IW even has a reward for those who kill two people whilst in midair), lucky bastards that spam blind grenades and kill you, and losers that do nothing but hide in the corner of a building the whole S&D match.

Still, find a good server (20 ~ 24 peeps) with my clannies and it's all good. :) I die a ton but it's fun! (GET TO THE CHOPPAAAHHHHHHH!! DO IT NOW!! Ahh, always amusing.)

Then yesterday, my clannies and I visited a semi-hardcore Search and Destroy/Sabotage server. I play Hard Core every so often--I've seen good players. But holy man...the kill cam pops up and all that some of these assholes do is stare at a wall, hundreds of miles away from the objective. Call 'em out and, "I was sniping!" ...Sniping a wall!? With a pistol!? With your fuckin' shotgun!? Sniping that crack in the floor!? Dumb fucks are underestimating the evil that is spectating.

IF, you could win a game by hiding/surviving, sure, be my guest. But I don't believe being a pussy (not to be confused with being careful) wins anything in COD4. I took a round out to watch a certain ass wipe and sure enough, the round starts and what does he do? Hide hide hide hide hide. Doesn't attempt to engage the enemy, doesn't try to pick up the bomb or go for the bomb, just hides until the round ends....WTF!?

Then...there was the other team that decided, you know what? We're not going to pick up the bomb. No, instead, they camped wherever and just waited for our side to pick up the bomb and set it up. Then, snipe, dead bomb carrier....but do they even try to pick up the bomb? NOPE. There they are...ignoring the bomb, back in their spots...waiting for a kill.

And they still lost, those dumb fucks. Congrats. You tried to be "uber" and lost each round.

Finally, after getting their asses handed to them over and over again, they decide to camp our spawn (you always start in a certain designated area). Nice job. It takes real skill to be that much of a douche bag. And to the admins on at the time...GOOD JOBZ WITH THE ADMIN WORK FOR NOT KICKING THEM OFF DESPITE YOUR FAIR PLAY BULLSHIT SCROLL. BUT GOD FORBID SOMEONE SAY, DAMMIT, AND BOOM, THEY'RE KICKED OFF.

Needless to say, we left.

And still...despite all the headache, I continue to play. All in the hope that one day, I shall find a server where admins are just, and kind (and hopefully good looking).

Wa ha.

Gaming addiction is a sad thing. :)

No comments: