Wednesday, April 23, 2008

AOC: Update From GoGamer about Mounts and In-Game Items

As I mentioned in my previous post, I e-mailed GoGamer today to see what was going on with their Mount situation and just received a note from them:

Hello,

Unfortunately, Eidos decided to only give GameStop the exclusive in-game items you mentioned and not to us. Obviously, we are not very happy about that and we complained to Eidos profusely. We also tried in vain to get an exclusive item for us. However, we were told that was not possible. We here at GoGamer don’t think it is fair to our loyal customers who are being punished for simply not shopping at Gamestop. Feel free to let Eidos and Funcom know how you feel about it in the Conan forum or via email. As you noted, we have dropped the price $5 to offset the cost of the early access program and we have secured the Conan Guide book for everyone who has pre-ordered with us. That may not be much comfort, but we appreciate everyone who has pre-ordered with us and stuck by us on Conan.

We apologize for any inconvenience on the in-game items, but unfortunately it was simply out of our control.

Thanks for the email and your business.

Thank you.
It's okay, GoGamers, I forgive you. I do appreciate their service so far so I'll prolly order my Collector's Edition from them anyhow and then steal someone's War Mammoth code. SUCKAHS!

No comments: