Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Age of Conan: Pre-Ordering Options (And A Minor Rant)


So I decided to finally plunk down cash money and pre-order AOC today. (Yes, I was waiting for more info to make my decision this time after being burned like a dericious marshmallow by Vanguard.)

Of course, now the problem is, who do I fuckin' buy from?

There are three pre-order in game items. A War Mammoth, a War Rhino and an...Amazon Recurve Bow...of which the bow I could give a shit about. Of course, Amazon.com is offering the bow and naturally, their game costs $11 less for the Collector's Edition (which I'm getting for the art book.)

Right now it looks like Gamestop is doing the Mammoth and Bestbuy the Rhino (but only if you pre-order instore.) But Gamestop doesn't seem to be offering the Collector's Edition...HISS!!

So now it's more hassle figuring out where to buy what.

Anyhoo, if you're like me trying to figure out which one is worth it, check out this thread from the official AOC boards about what retailers are supposedly offering what. Also, check out this thread about the different items and what they do.

I'm leaning towards the in-store Bestbuy after my terrible ass experiences with fuckin' Gamestop, but I do prefer GoGamer after seeing them in action with the Hellgate London launch debacle.

So many choices, so many choices.

Meanwhile I've e-mailed GoGamer about their mount choice so hopefully I get something back about it soon.

Make sure you check what your retailer's offering before you buy because mounts be preciouses!!

p.s. Athelan confirmed that you can apply more than one order's codes to the same account, so it looks like some folks are ordering from everyone to get all the items. Gotta' catch 'em all! (But not me, because I'm cheap ass.)

No comments: