Saturday, January 19, 2008

Frontlines: OoooHHh!

So, I installed and played a few rounds today on the sexy Red Star Coalition. After COD4, the movements are on the "slower" side, more akin to BF2 than BF2142, and the graphics, despite the game running on the Unreal 3 engine, don't look that spectacular (probably not completely optimized?) But there is just something extremely sexy about taking a remote controlled robot and blowing up a bunch of camping whores.

I have fallen for the Special Forces load out with EMP however because stunning a tank, then running around and C4ing its ass is too dericious to pass up.

Dont' worry though, COD4, you won't be replaced. COD4 is definitely the winner for a closer, more intimate maps, but for big maps, Frontlines is pretty sweet. Despite how huge the maps were, I never felt that sense of sadness I felt during BF2 swimming the expanse of water (after an unfortunately boat explosion) between the tip of Wake Island, and there are plenty of vehicles to jack.

I'd say definitely give it a try if you enjoy Squad based games.

I'll try to post some screenies later of me getting blowed the fuck up.

No comments: