Saturday, January 5, 2008

Frontlines: Fuel of War

You know, I do love COD4 but...I started reading about "Frontlines: Fuel of War" and started to get a wittle interested because of the vehicles and such (me get to play an engineer again!? I do love the Pilum.) But anyhow...here is a trailer of squad play from GameTrailers:



According to the official website at FrontLines.com, you can play the West or the Red Star Allegiance in the near future...gee, wonder which one I'll choose. (SOVIET!!) The graphics are pretty posh (it runs on the Unreal 3 engine), and you can pick perks to drop massive cluster bombs on rival squads as you fight over control points across maps that supposedly, are 4 miles of area big.

Looks like it definitely focuses on Squad play versus solo and that's something that I miss from BF2 & 2142, with a customizable soldier system in regards to "talents" and weapon load out.

The bad news...? PC Gamer said it looked good and they pretty much toss any developer's ass that grants them an interview...

Still...gonna keep an eye out for developments in this one. The vids look pretty tasty!

No comments: