Sunday, December 30, 2007

PotBS: End of Beta Event (Day 2)

So yesterday we got our ONE MILLION doubloons and all that shit to try out some new boats which today, we were meant to wreck in all out PvP (I use the term loosely as it was pretty much all out gankage on every nation's part.)

This is the only pic of the event I got since...eventually we all lagged out, got disconnected or had our graphics cards explode. Like, for real:


Anyhoo, basically, we were supposed to follow some drunken ass GM (Don Juan de Ubilla) from Vera Cruz to Havana to Tortuga. Our allies were to be the Frenchies this day, but of course, as soon as we made it to Havana, the French show up and ATTACK US. Awesome. So we dispatch those morons and continue onward to Tortuga.

At this point, there are like a gazillion ships on the screen and my Crysis GFX card overloads...again. One of our group members gets lost, one gets DC'd and the other two are in a battle. And then the Brits (which out number us at least 3 to 1) attack. One of us gets hit by 4 guys, and lucky me I get a privateer and 2 ship of the lines. I almost had the privateer but she runs off and is much much faster than my big ship. I almost take out the other SOL but alas, it's just too much bombardment. But at least I got down fighting! RAWR!

Meanwhile, everyone in the group is separated or dead. HURRAY!

AND OMG, BLACKBEARD GETS SUNK! ...Not that I care since I have no idea where I am anymore. And what he has to do with the event, I have no clue.

Fast forward to 20 minutes later, the group regroups, one of us gets ganked again 3 vs 1 and disconnects. And Don Juan gets sunk. And I my group is now all lime green................

Yeah, so super crappy event, but I still dig the game.

I won't lie though, there was so much lag (I didn't experience this--just the graphics card over load), and gankage going on that folks decided not to buy the game because of the event.

And then there was a lot of EQII cock suckers saying how much better EQII was to a pirate game and the required SOE bashing.

And now, I'm gonna' go play COD4.

WOOOT!

No comments: