Friday, August 24, 2007

Age of Armour: New Website (But No Client Yet)

Okies,

The buzz on the official AOA boards was 8/24/07 and dutifully, I stalked said page. They have indeed, updated their website and the front page reads, "STATUS: CLOSED BETA." However, the links to the downloads do not work and there's no news yet on the official boards. (I had to re-register because I don't remember my password and it's only been like a month or two. Sad face. I guess I am getting old.)

Anyhoo, right now, the hot topic of the forums be the strangely rounded, yellow VW bug looking like "transformer" that decorates the website header.



Basically, someone said, "Hey that looks like Bumblebee. Is that copyright infringement? Just a warning so you don't get in trouble."

But thanks to our mod, cyber7CHINK aka Cyber7ron, the conflict was laid to rest:

The Chinese site and original client has been around for a while. If anything was going to happen, it would have happened by now. YOu also have to think about something. Do they look exactly like the transformers. I know you "seen" Bumblebee, but does it exactly look like Bumblebee?

From what I see, its a hybrid of 2 versions of Bumblebee. The G1 and another toy version of him. Much like all the other ones that look like the Transformers you think they are.

If you noticed, the Volkswagon is much like vehicle mode of the G1 Bumblebee, but the Armor mode looks like the Bumblebee classic version (similar to a Honda CRX). Since there really isnt a actual Bumblebee that is both versions in one, it can be a AoA armor model.


*snicker*

You be the judge:



Me? I just like the faux drama.

No comments: