Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WoW: Add Ons I Can't Live Without

No no no, I'm not talking about Deadly Boss Mods or Omen Threat Meter. I'm talking about the really important add-ons you may or may not know about.

First up! And I guarantee that once you get this, you'll never go back:

1) BEJEWELED. Stuck dead in an instance because someone's wireless mouse ran out of batteries and they ran into the 4 Horsemen? No worries! Accidentally took the flight path to Booty Bay from Undercity? It's all good! Because Bejeweled can be set up to pop up in Classic or Timed mode whenever something goes horribly wrong for you. You can even compare your scores with friends and guildies and mock them for not dying as long as you. You can try PEGGLE too, but it's just not as fun as Bejeweled.

Just a warning though. If you don't pay attention when you're manually flying, your proto-drake can crash into a mountain and somehow fall (with you on its back) to its death. Of course, that means one thing...MORE BEJEWELED FOR YOU!

2) GearScore. Mouse over anyone at any time and see their Gear Score proudly displayed for you. Load up the GearScore Recount option and you can compare GearScore vs HPS/DPS. My warning for this one is that when you first get it, it's HELLA' addicting. I barely made it through to Krasus Landing from the Horde Inn in 30 minutes because I was having too much fun mousing over everyone. Hours of fun! Guaranteed!

3) Event Horizon. Didn't think I'd ever use something like this, but I tried it out and to my gerbil like brain, it's awesome. I can't stop looking at the timers. A great gadget for keeping your DoTs, HoTs and Buffs up. Unfortunately, it won't be getting anymore upgrades as the developers are quitting WoW. (I bet because of all the shitty ass players pouring back in thanks to 3.2).

Give 'em a look see!

No comments: