Monday, August 17, 2009

AOC: Your Account Has Been Frozen


Dear Age of Conan customer,

We are sending you this mail to notify you that the subscription period for your account XXXXXXXXX ended on August 09, 2009.

Once you are ready to continue your adventures, please log in to https://register.ageofconan.com to reactivate your account. Your friends and enemies in Hyboria await you.

We wish to thank you very much for spending time with us and we hope to see you again soon.
And my love affair with "Age of Conan" is finally over.

Again.

I had really hoped that things had changed for the better. As I wrote when I first came back to Hyboria, Funcom did a great job fixing all little problems with loading, zoning and questing that caused super nerd rage on the forums when the game was first released. But once again, these are things that should have been there in the first place, not a year later. Sure, they added one area, and as pretty as it is, it's just too little too late. I couldn't bring myself to continue leveling--I had no drive, because even the "fixed" gear, was still kinda' off. (And ugly as sin.) My ToS didn't even have any new fatalities. Even worse, no new dances! BOO!

And try as I might to find a raid, I couldn't find anything going, much less a mini-game to get into. I sat in queue for about an hour and nothing but the same guy screaming over Global to get more 80s to sign up. The game felt so deserted from how it I remember it when I first played.

So will I be going back when the expansion is released? Absolutely not. Not unless it's for free, just to see what they've done. And even if it were free, I just don't know. Funcom broke my heart with AoC the first go around, and it broke it again when I went back.

No comments: