Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mortal Online: Taking the Plunge?

I follow a ton of games because I'm a nerd and as its release nears, I've been reading more and more about "Mortal Online," an indie game by a wittle Swedish developer called Star Vault AB:


The game supposedly looks and plays like "Oblivion," and if the official trailer truly is composed of in-game footage, it might be one of the sexiest games I've seen in a while. (And that's before I see any full frontal e-peens that are being promised. Ohhh yeah.)

And then of course is this swanky PowerPoint presentation they prepared to lure suckahs like myself in:

http://www.mortalonline.com/files/presentation/MortalOnlinePresentation.rar


Biggest selling points for me:

  • Sandbox MMO with seamless world
  • Skill vs Level based leveling
  • Crafting system (reminiscent of pre-CU SWG)
  • Player Housing
  • Customization up the hairy nekkid butt
  • Gory and large scale battles
It just seems too good to be true, and you know when things SEEM too good to be true...they end up in the same discount bin as Vanguard and AoC. (Yes, I was way too excited about both these games at one point and paid with bitter sweet crocodile tears.)

Now the game itself boxed seems kinda pricey. $120 bucks for the LE Pre-Order and around $75 for the regular box of a game by a dinky, unproven company. But the digital download just became available for approximately $50 and I'm really considering plunking down the cash for it because...I want to believe!! Mount taming system? OohhHhh yeaaahhh!!

The game is currently in closed beta, though pre-orders are receiving access! You can learn more about the game at the official Mortal Online website, and also pre-order it there. And you can bet your ass I'll be watching this even more closely as release draws near...or will it be closed beta for me?

Hmmm.

No comments: