Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Atlantica Online: A Belated Bump

Since I've been a bit busier of late, I haven't been able to devote as much time to mah gaming addiction. I haven't touched AoC in ages (mainly because, urr, my guild and I were like 80 the first week or so and then we were bored as all fuck for the rest of our dreaded time there), and started cheating on it with some oldies but goodies (BF2142, COD4).



Anyhow, my friend introduced me to Atlantica Online, which I resisted for a long time, but...it turned out to be a good amount of fun for being a free game with an Item Mall deal (no Item Mall as of now however). It's not your typical F2P Asian grinder, but a turn based RTS type game system where you and two friends (and your mini armies) can join up forces to destroy all monsters (and gather sexy loots), which is actually quite a lot of fun. The best way to explain it would be like, old school Final Fantasy with a little Tactics thrown in, and instead of having 2 computer controlled allies, you substitute your stupid friends instead.

Here is the little blurb about the end of the 2nd closed beta. The 3rd Round of Closed Beta is due to start August 25th, 2008 @ 6:00 PDT, and I'll be there!

Go give it a whirl if you're looking to waste just a few hours at a time.

No comments: