Sunday, August 26, 2007

Spike TV's "Murder"



Last night I was up late doing useless stuffs and me and my buddy happened to catch a show called "Murder" on Spike TV. Now, we had both seen previews for it before, but never actually caught it since it usually airs during prime gaming time. So this time, I decided to tune in and watch since I was oddly curious about it.

And yeah, if you like CSI (or am a douche bag that enjoys pretending you're Sara or Gil and dropping terms like "DB") and don't mind crime pics of brains splattered all over the place or caved in skulls, I guess this show is going to be to your liking. At one point, in the episode I watched (about hick homicide), they kept spamming pics of brains all over the place over and over again so I made my buddy watch for me while I looked away and listened (yes, remember, I couldn't use the potty after BioShock?)

Anyhoo, there are 6 folks who get split up into 2 teams of three. They're given a briefing, crime scene pics etc and they try to solve a real murder. According to wiki:

MURDER is a ten episode reality television series which premiered on Spike TV on July 31, 2007. Two teams of civilians investigate a recreated crime scene and have 48 hours before they must present their findings to detective Tommy LeNoir, after which Le Noir describes what happened at the actual crime scene, how the real investigators came up with their findings. He evaluates the teams and tells them how well they conducted their investigation. The prize is a donation made to a victim's charity.


An example of an episode is:

Real people try to solve a homicide case involving a man found in his bedroom with his skull and face crushed beyond recognition.


MmmmMmmm, yummy! And yet, as morbid as this shit is, I'm still talking about it, aren't I? What next? The "Real" Running Man? America's Funniest Home Videos Meets Faces of Death?

Anyhoo, if gore is your thang, this is definitely for ya. And better yet, you can watch the full episodes online below courtesy of IFilm. Enjoy! (Click the 40 min long ones of course.)

http://www.ifilm.com/show/21636

No comments: